Lululemon and Patagucci

Picture-Celebrity-Lululemon-Capris-Patagonia-Vest

Since becoming a mother I have given up many things: free time, sleep, my dignity. But I absolutely refuse to give up my sense of style. When my friend, Mike, learned that I was moving to Marin he warned me, “You won’t be able to wear any of your clothes there. They don’t dress in Marin”. “What do you mean, they don’t dress?” I demanded. “Well”, he said sheepishly, “they mostly wear exercise clothes, you’ll hate it”. I was indignant. Of course I would wear my clothes. I loved my clothes. I’ve been into fashion since I was a little girl and I wasn’t about to change just because I was moving to the ‘burbs.

Well, Mike was right. Many of the women running around Marin were wearing workout clothes. Not only that, but I noticed a specific uniform: Lululemon pants paired with a Patagucci vest. I call it the “Marin Special”. The kicker? On sunny days this outfit usually includes a visor–the Marin Special a la mode.

Toto, I don’t think we’re in Kansas anymore!

***Addendum to this post. I have since seen the wisdom in wearing a down vest, which I had long ridiculed as overkill (if it’s not cold enough for sleeves, why wear down at all?) or woefully insufficient (if you need a down jacket, don’t you also need sleeves?). It is the perfect solution for the damp and chilly mornings in a maritime climate but it is also light enough for when it warms up later in the day, rendering a heavier jacket with sleeves unnecessary. Genius! I have also learned first-hand that Lululemon pants make your ass look phenomenal and am especially partial to this pair. I, however, cannot get behind wearing a visor.

*image above from www.fitsugar.com

{ 8 comments… add one }
  • Tanya February 14, 2013, 8:03 am

Love it! BY the way I gave up on wearing real, actual pants about a year ago and now I just wear exercise pants everywhere. I bet *you* could seriously ROCK a visor though!!!!

• admin February 14, 2013, 12:45 pm

T-you always look stylish so no doubt you’re rocking the workout wear!

• Crystal February 14, 2013, 1:31 pm

I’m laughing so hard! It’s always interesting to see the fashion preferences in other areas of the country. It’s a whole other situation when you move to a different area and then need to decide if you will acclimate to the local trends or hold strong to your background. Good luck with the decision! 🙂

• Jennifer April 20, 2014, 2:22 pm

Dying! Couldn’t agree more!!!

• Richard November 16, 2015, 9:43 pm

Good post. I learn something totally new and challenging on websites I stumbleupon every day.
    It will always be useful to read through articles from other writers
    and use a little something from their web sites.

• Scout May 18, 2017, 7:19 pm

Alumiinisesta dödöstä luonnolliseen siirryttäessä on tosiaan useimmilla ihmisillä vähintään kahden viikon totaotuutumisjakst. Tänä aikana voi tuntua, että hikoilee enemmän, koska ne “vanhat hiet” pääsee vihdoin ulos, kun alumiinidödö ei enää tuki hikirauhasia. Eli siis se ensimmäiset kaksi viikkoa voi olla “hikisempää” aikaa ennen kuin keho totttuu siihen, että hiki pääseekin kainaloista ulos.-Pii